May 6, 2012

More About: Beyond My Control, One Man's Struggle With Epilepsy, Seizure Surgery & Beyond, By Stuart Ross McCallum



Beyond My Control, One Man's Struggle With Epilepsy, Seizure Surgery & Beyond,
By Stuart Ross McCallum




 
I recently decided to share more in depth thoughts about Stuart Ross McCallum’s BEYOND MY CONTROL. Previously, I wrote about it in the context of my son’s battle with epilepsy, and his personal thoughts. I am happy to say it is the most read review I have posted thus far. However, I can’t help, but feel I need to say more.

Stuart’s battle with epilepsy began in his teens. A time, we can all identify as difficult. Like so many others, it manifested in strange incidents that could easily be confused as other conditions. In his book, Stuart shares this scary confusion in a clear and concise story, the story of his life.

Science, now, informs us that 1 in 23 people will experience a seizure and/or epilepsy in their lifetime. This condition is much more common than once believed. The truth is, unlike my son whom has struggled with it since birth, 70% of the people will be struck later in life. Many will recognize an obvious trigger others are not so obvious.

Like many illnesses, conquering epilepsy is relative. Controlling seizures, even with dynamic medical intervention, is a way of life. Stuart sheds light upon the nature of the disease, treatment, and research. His own situation gives credence to the celebration of the things one can control, and to the people that matter. Stuart’s story reveals a strong and supportive woman, admirable in her own right, his wife Lisa. Together, they form an effective bond.

Stuart is a humble man. This is evident in his story, genuinely told to inform, educate, and comfort individuals and families. He shares with dignity the impact the epilepsy places on his and his family’s life. BEYOND MY CONTROL is a real-life journey, guided by a soldier against epilepsy in his own life, but, also, a warrior for others.
 
Order BEYOND MY CONTROL from Amazon!

5 comments:

  1. Hello Sammy,

    We are living in a great era where we can freely share our personal stories and assist, hopefully educate, and entertain our readers. I am honoured that my book, Beyond my Control, continues to touch people with and without epilepsy.

    Thank you, for taking the time to write this wonderful review, I am deeply honoured.

    My very best, Stuart

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stuart,

    Thanks so much, I know it isn't easy to share such an intimate story, but it does have positive impact on others. You, my friend, did it with class, and wonderful style.

    Bless You!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore Stuart Ross McCallum. He is an inspiration and a treasured friend. I've read his book twice and find it to be humble, funny, painfully honest, and incredibly important for the wealth of knowledge he shares.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sammy,

    Thank you so much for this additional review of a very special memoir. Stuart Ross McCallum tells his story with great candor and warmth, and that is the reason that his words are so powerful and inspiring to others. And, ditto on everything Beth has said!

    I just love this book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Sammy, Beth, and Lisette, very much. I am truly humbled by your beautiful words. By sharing my journey has enabled me to form everlasting friendships with people who I have the utmost respect for and who have touched my life in positive ways.

    Thanks again, Ross

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.
Sammy Sutton