April 19, 2012

The Shack by William P. Young






Like so many others, I love this book! It is a story interpreted differently by each person it touches. The story is about understanding God, Death, Love, and so much more. I own this on CD and in book version. I keep an extra supply as gifts to give to those I encounter experiencing grief or just a rough time. I have yet to give a copy to anyone that did not later thank me deeply for this special book with a dynamic message. I can not express highly enough how much I recommend this fantastic story.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice layout

    Lainy http://www.alwaysreading.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read The Shack as a book discussion group assignment (said group consisting of theologically conservative pastors), and I can understand why the book is upsetting to many--whether because of the subject matter (the murder of a child) or because of some of the book's theological implications.

    However, I think many are missing the point that the book is a parable, not a doctrinal treatise. I found reading the book to be an incredibly moving experience, and have (cautiously) recommended it to those in my circle of acquaintance whom I think would be able to digest its message.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.
Sammy Sutton