June 16, 2012

A Father's Day Tribute to Dad




In honor of Father's Day I would like to share this poem written by one of the most incredible women I know. Kathy wrote this to be placed in the Revised Version of King Solomon's Journey as a tribute to my late father. Like my father, Kathy is a pillar of strength always aware and caring, she knows just the right time to be tough with a swift pat on the backside, and just the right time to give a hug. I hope everyone can enjoy and identify with her magnificent words in honor of Dads everywhere.  


Journey


by Kathy Feigel










It is finally finished, this journey we shared.

With your love, I have gone further than I ever dared.

You said I could do it, and now here it stands,

My story of dimensions and faraway lands.

You cast a light upon my dreams.

That was all I needed, it would seem.

It isn't fair you know.

You're not here for the big show.

But I can feel you there.

On the edge of the web we share.

What now when no more can I hold your hand?

I will close my eyes and dream, see, there you stand!

Life is a journey of smiles and sadness.

Memories will always hold the gladness.

When my journey ends, I have but one prayer.

Wait for me Dad, I'll be there.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:47 AM

    Beautiful..tears in eyes..

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very beautiful and moving poem, Sammy. Kathy Feigel must be a phenomenal person! The line, "You're not here for the big show," really hit home to me, because at the time my father died I was writing a book (which I have since, never been able to pick up again and finish) was dedicated to him ... and I wanted him to see the finished book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words. I understand the pain of losing someone, and putting something unfinished, away. Take down that book, finish it, address it your father, and let the words carry you into a future where you know your father is watching and is proud. Unfinished books are like a partially open door; push that door open, step into a universe of the unknown, and never let the darkness of the present overshadow the illumination of the future.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful Sammy, thank you my friend. It is so hard to lose those we love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very special Sammy, very special indeed. I'm sorry I missed your Dad's passing, without so much as a message of sympathy and understanding from me. But here it is: his pride in you and your achievements, even the ones he didn't get to see, will be with you for always, because of his undeniable love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sammy, a truly touching and powerful poem expressing how we feel when we lose someone close to our hearts. It brought me great joy to be able to include my father in my book. Knowing that all who read will know what a great man he was. I am sure,(like all of us)he would be immensely proud of you, and all you have achieved.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.
Sammy Sutton